The Institute for Public-Private Partnerships (IP3) has several upcoming courses on the financing of infrastructure services like water and wastewater. These include:
- Fundamentals of Utility Tariffs: Determining Revenue Needs and Structuring Rates (April 4, 2012 – May 18, 2012) – Online, US$950
- Fundamentals of Infrastructure Project Finance (May 2, 2012 – June 15, 2012) – Online, US$950
- Project Finance and Financial Analysis Techniques for Infrastructure Projects (May 7, 2012 – May 18, 2012) – Washington, DC, USA, US$4,950
- Building Financial Models in MS Excel® to Analyze the Viability and Financing of Infrastructure Projects (June 4, 2012 – June 15, 2012) – Washington, DC, USA, US$5,950
- Tariff Rates Strategies and Cost Recovery Requirements: Implications for Regulators and Utilities (June 18, 2012 – June 29, 2012) – Washington, DC, USA, US$4,950
- Infrastructure Development Funds: Strategies to Leverage Public and Private Finance (July 9, 2012 – July 20, 2012) – Washington, DC, USA, US$4,950
- Advanced Project Finance and Financial Modeling Techniques (September 5, 2012 – October 19, 2012) – Online, US$950
- Advanced Rate Setting and Subsidy Design Strategies for Utilities and Regulatory Authorities (October 3, 2012 – November 16, 2012) – Online, US$950
IP3 has trained over 30,000 officials, mainly from developing and emerging countries, in the areas of finance, economics, law, policy, regulation, and management from such infrastructure sectors as energy, transportation, water, telecommunications, environmental management, and municipal services.
In partnership with The Institute for Public-Private Partnerships (IP3) and the Water, Engineering, and Development Centre (WEDC) of Loughborough University, IP3 offers three professional certification programs: Certified Public-Private Partnerships Specialist™, Certified Regulation Specialist™, and Certified Utility Management Specialist™.
In 2008 IP3 was acquired by infrastructure services and engineering firm Tetra Tech, Inc.
Web site: www.ip3.org/