The European Union and the African, Caribbean and Pacific States (ACP) have agreed to establish a new Water Facility under the 10th European Development Fund (2008-2013).
This second Water Facility has been endowed with €200 million.
There are 3 components:
- €110 million for projects selected through a Call for Proposals entitled “Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion for the Millennium Development Goals”;
- €40 million for projects selected through a Call for Proposals entitled “Partnerships for Capacity Development in the ACP Water and Sanitation Sector”;
- €40 million for a Pooling mechanism to co-finance medium-size water and sanitation infrastructure projects with other European donors and development financing institutions.
The call for proposals for the first component “Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion for the Millennium Development Goals” was launched on 11th February 2010.
- this call for proposals is open to ACP and EU Non-State Actors (NSAs), ACP/EU local authorities and international organisations;
- Size of grants: a minimum and maximum amount of €500,000 and €2,500,000 respectively. No grant may exceed 75% of the total eligible costs of the project
- Project duration: 36 to 60 months
- the deadline to submit proposal is on 2nd June 2010 (short concept note and full application form are submitted together – the Call has one step)
- the guidelines of the call, the applicant form and other annexes are available online.
The call for proposals for the second component (“Partnerships for Capacity Development in the ACP Water and Sanitation Sector”) is expected to be launched end of February 2010. It will be in 2 steps: submission of a short concept note first (deadline for submission October 2010, indicative timing only), followed by an invitation for submission of a detailed proposal for those projects selected.
On Tuesday 9th February 2010, an ACP-EU Water Facility event took place in Brussels. The main presentations done during this meeting are the following:
- Results of the first water facility and lessons learned
- ACP-EU Water Facility under the 10th EDF – Components 1 and 2
- ACP-EU Water Facility under the 10th EDF – Components 3 (Pooling mechanism)
The above information was provided by pS-Eau, France..
Please note: do not send requests for information or applications to pS-Eau or this blog